Apple Pie Homemade Granola Recipe. Vegan, gluten free and contains no refined sugar. Only 200 calories per serving.
I may be biased but this homemade granola tastes better then any of the store brought ones I’ve ever tried. Most of the store brought stuff is full of sugar, chemicals and unhealthy fats and oils. Whipping up your own is so easy, simple and takes just a little prep work. This gives you full control over what goes into it!
Plus I made this homemade granola recipe to taste just like apple pie. Apple pie for breakfast? How can you go wrong? This makes your house smell like pure heaven. Just like a bakery!
This healthy granola recipe is packed full of fibre and protein thanks to the hearty oats. Sweetened only by maple syrup and slightly spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg this will be a real morning treat, that will keep you going all day.
Makes not only a healthy breakfast but can also be enjoyed as a snack. Serve on it’s own, with your favourite milk or yoghurt.
Feel free to add any extras that you love, walnuts, coconut and dark chocolate chips also work really nicely.
Recipe- Apple Pie Granola
- 1 apple chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups oats (I use gluten free)
- 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (I use pink)
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons your favourite nut or seed butter (I used cashew)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and prepare your pan
- Chop up your apple
- Add the dry ingredients until a bowl and stir until evenly combined
- In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients until smooth. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir until all ingredients are coated
- Pour the mixture over pan and spread out evenly. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove and stir the granola around to ensure it cooks evenly. Add back to the oven and bake 15 more minutes.
- Let it cool completely before enjoying as it will crisp up further
- Can be stored in a airtight container and also freezes well.
I hope you enjoyed this apple pie granola recipe.