I am totally addicted to Body Brushing. I do it before I step into the shower every day! It feels so good and really wakes you up and make you feel energised. I see it as a pampering treat. If your thinking about picking up a healthy new habit then I highly recommend dry body brushing.
Body brushing is an easy and inexpensive way of stimulating your circulation and lymphatic system, helping to eliminate toxins.
Since the skin is the largest organ in the body it works hard to detoxify. You can give your skin a helping hand in removing toxins through dry body brushing!
This only takes a few minutes a day so it’s so easy to incorporate dry body brushing into your beauty routine.
There are endless benefits, here are a few of my favourites.
- It exfoliates away dead skin cells leaving your skin softer and smoother
- Stimulate your lymphatic system to help the removal of cellular waste
- Increases circulation, encourages metabolic waste removal and helps your skin glow
- Can reduce the appearance of cellulite due to all the reasons above. It helps to soften the fat deposits and distribute fat more evenly.
- Can also hep with stress relief and relaxation, can help sore muscles recover after a workout.
- Has been said it can help improve digestion
Here’s how to do it:
Start on dry skin from the ankles, using upwards movements towards the heart. Use small circular strokes on your tummy to aid digestion. Be gentle on sensitive skin on the chest and breast and don’t brush on inflamed, sore or sun burnt skin. Shower after to wash of the skin cells and finish with your moisturiser. I use Coconut Oil and it really makes the skin so soft!
I use this Body Brush, as it has natural bristle that don’t damage the skin. The handle also makes it easy to get those hard to reach areas.
Do you dry body brush?