Cacao and Almond Butter Porridge for a cosy and comforting start to the day. You’ll love to wake up to this gluten-free, refined sugar-free + dairy free breakfast.
I love starting my day with porridge this time of year, it’s so cosy and satisfying. I can’t think of anything better then this creamy, chocolatey porridge drizzled with warm almond butter and topped with banana slices and nuts.
It tastes as good as dessert and feels like a real treat to have this first thing in the morning. It’s really filling too and contains a healthy mix, of carbs, fats and protein.
This healthy porridge recipe is full of nourishing ingredients and is gluten free, vegan, dairy free and contains no refined sugar.
Recipe – Cacao and Almond Butter Porridge for a cosy and comforting start to the day
- 1/2 cup organic or gluten-free oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1-2 tsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp natural almond butter
- 1/2 banana, 1 tbsp chopped nuts and a sweet freedom chocolate sauce to top
- Sweet freedom chocolate sauce (optional)
- Combine the oats and almond milk in a saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Add cinnamon, cacao powder and maple syrup and stir.
Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, covered for 10-12 minutes or until the oats are soft.
- While oatmeal is cooking, heat the almond butter in the microwave until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Once cooked spoon the oats into a bowl and top with peanut butter, banana, nuts and chocolate sauce if using.
My other porridge recipes:
I hope you enjoy this cacao and almond butter porridge recipe. What’s your favourite porridge recipe?
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated ❤
Love Hayley X