Indulgent creamy alfredo sauce for a quick lunch or dinner. Tastes just like the real thing, you wont believe it doesn’t contain any cheese!
I thought I would start sharing more savoury dishes then my usual sweet ones, starting with this cheese free alfredo sauce recipe. If you want to see more recipes like this let me know in the comments below.
I think everyone love alfredo sauce, it’s one of my favourite pasta dishes. There’s something so satisfying about this creamy sauce.
This cheese free alfredo sauce is just as creamy, rich and indulgent as the real thing only without all the cheese, cream and fat. This recipe is actually good for you with lots of nutrition and nourishing ingredients. This is vegan and gluten free as long as you use gluten free pasta.
I’m not vegan myself, but I am lactose intolerant which is why so many of my recipes are vegan. If your looking some easy and delicious alternatives then I think this is perfect for you.
Even if you don’t usually enjoy cauliflower, you will love this as you cant taste it at all thanks to the onion and garlic. I served mine with kale, peas and added some fresh lemon juice and lettuce boats for freshness. Although you can add any veggies you like and serve with your favourite protein.
If you like this then you will love Cheese Free Basil Pesto
I really hope you enjoyed this Cheese free alfredo sauce recipe. If give you it a try, make sure to comment here below or on my Facebook/ Twitter. Even better, snap a picture, tag it #nourishyourglow and share it with me on Instagram! Looking at your pictures always makes my day!
Keep updated with my new healthy recipes on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram for daily updates
Talk to me on Twitter
Recipe- Cheese Free Alfredo Sauce with Spaghetti, Kale and Peas
- 1 onion
- 7 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 5-6 cups cauliflower florets
- 6 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 teaspoon pink salt (more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon pepper (more to taste)
- ½ cup milk (I use almond)
- Chop the garlic and onion and saute in the coconut oil until soft.
- Cauliflower: Bring the water or vegetable broth to a boil in a pot and cover, cooking for around 7 minutes until cauliflower is soft, reduce the heat and add in the milk, cooking for two minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the cauliflower, garlic and onion to a blender and blend until smooth.