Secretly healthy, indulgent and satisfying chocolate granola recipe. The best way to start your day, full of fibre and slow released energy.
So it’s now dark when I wake up to go to work! This has left me craving something really comforting in the mornings.
Enjoying a chocolatey treat at breakfast is always a win in my eyes. Especially when that treat is made only from natural ingredients that will nourish and make you feel amazing. Plus this chocolate granola recipe is vegan and gluten free.
I love to make my own granola as it’s amazingly simple to do, is a lot healthier and cheaper then shop brought and in my opinion tastes much better too! This granola recipe only requires six ingredients and most of them you probably already have at home.
You simply mix all the ingredients together place on a baking tray and your done.
I didn’t go crazy with the add ins here as it tastes great as it is. But feel free to customise and add any fruit, nuts or seeds as you wish. I think coconut flakes would also taste amazing.
It tastes great on it’s own for quick healthy snacking and is super portable. Or if like me you like to have cereal for breakfast add cold milk and the milk quickly turns into chocolate milk!
I hope you enjoyed my chocolate granola recipe, you may also like Apple Pie Granola Recipe.
- 3 cups old-fashioned whole rolled oats (glutenfree)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or use extra honey
- 1/3 cup agave (or maple syrup/honey)
- 1/2 pink salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Pour oats into a large bowl, set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, mix melted coconut oil, cocoa powder, and coconut sugar until combined. Add agave and salt and mix.
- Pour mixture over oats and mix until all oats are moistened.
- Add more agave if needed.
- Place onto non stick baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes, checking every ten minutes to ensure it's not sticking.
- Remove from oven enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.