DATE AND WALNUT VEGAN BANANA BREAD
I’ve made this date and walnut vegan banana bread so many times since first testing the recipe. it’s just so easy but so delicious and healthy. It only takes five minutes to throw together and then all you need to do is let it bake. You also don’t need any equipment, just one mixing bowl and a loaf tin!
The bread is perfectly sweet as it’s infused with dates, maple syrup, banana and cinnamon but the walnuts and buckwheat flour ensure that it doesn’t get too sickly. I think its makes the perfect breakfast, snack or even a dessert. It tastes amazing on it’s own, or warmed up. My favourite way to enjoy though is either drizzled with maple syrup o nut butter with fresh fruit on top.
This banana bread recipe, is vegan, gluten free, dairy free and contains no refined sugar.
If your not already, then follow me on Instagram for daily eats, wellness, lifestyle and my travels.
Recipe- Date and Walnut Vegan Banana Bread
- 1 and 1/2 cups of buckwheat flour (300g)
- 2 medium bananas (mashed)
- 1/3 of a cup of almond milk (100ml)
- 1/3 cups of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 140c.
- Add all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix everything together.
- Grease a small loaf tin with coconut oil, then pour in the mixture.
- Place the tray in the oven to bake for about forty minutes, until the top is a golden brown.
- Take out the oven and leave to cool completely before enjoying