DIY Mug Easy and Simple to do. Makes the perfect gift.
I saw these mugs with the ‘I love green tea, he loves strong coffee’ design and instantly fell in love. But instead of buying them I decided to try making them myself.
Here’s how I did it:
- Purchase some plain white mugs I used these ones
- Choose your permanent marker I used this dishwasher safe one
- Practice your design on a piece of paper, such as the design above, your favourite quote or a cute polka dot design.
- Draw the design onto the cup and let the ink dry overnight.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 180c, it’s important to place in the oven before it heats up in order to prevent cracking
- Let the oven cool down completely before removing the mug
- If you used a non dishwasher friendly marker draw over your design and re-bake as above
- If you used a none dishwasher friendly marker wash gently by hand after use.
You can get creative with the design and colours.
Here are some other designs I want to try…