Easy + Healthy Blackberry Chia Jam Recipe
I’ve recently been loving making chia jams! So quick and easy to make and so delicious. The best part about making your own is that you can control exactly what goes in to it. Store brought jams are typically full of sugar and are not healthy at all.
This blackberry chia jam is full of protein, fibre and omega-3’s from the chia seeds, combined with antioxidants and nutrients in the blackberries.
You can make this chia seed jam with just about any fruit, I love blueberry, apricot, nectarine, cherry and strawberry.
I’ve been eating mine on my gluten-free sourdough bread slathered with almond butter. Such a yummy combination. I’ve also stirred this into porridge and that’s really delicious too.
You may also like
Recipe- Blackberry Chia Jam
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (more or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Place the fruit, lemon juice and honey is a small sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Simmer 15 minutes until it bubbles and breaks down, use a fork to mash the fruit to your desired consistency.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chia seeds until well combined, then let it sit at least 15 minutes to allow the chia seeds to thicken.
- Allow to cool and serve. Will keep up to ten days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- If you like smooth jam you can always blend to your desired consistency.
I hope you enjoy this blackberry chia jam recipe! Tag me on social media if you give it a try, I love to see your creations #nourishyourglow @nourishyourglow
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated ❤
Love Hayley X