Christmas Porridge Recipe for a festive and nourishing start to the day
I think you all know how excited I am for Christmas by now! I have already shared quite a few festive recipes. Such as these No Bake Cranberry Orange Protein Energy Balls! It’s been snowing really heavily in the UK too! Just to add to Christmas excitement.
Today I wanted to share my favourite Christmas inspired breakfast. I have been absolutely LOVING this Christmas Porridge this entire festive season and look forward to having it every morning!
Porridge is such cosy, warming and comforting breakfast and can be deliciously nutritious too. It keeps me full right till lunch.
This special Christmas porridge has all the festive flavours, cranberries orange, raisins, cinnamon and ginger! It is refined sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free & soy-free and it’s also a healthy, well balanced breakfast. This recipe contains healthy essential fats, healthy plant-based protein and good carbs.
If you want to get into the festive spirit try out this super healthy, delicious, Christmas Porridge. I hope you love this as much as I do.
Recipe- Christmas Porridge
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 + 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/8 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/8 cup silvered almonds
- 1/8 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon nut butter (I used cashew)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 or 2 teaspoons 100% pure maple syrup (or to taste)
- bring the dry oats, orange juice and almond milk r to a boil on the stove and then simmer on a low temperature for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until fully cooked
- once cooked, remove oats from the stove and add the coconut oil, nut butter, cinnamon, coconut, silvered almonds, orange dried cranberries & chopped nuts
- stir all ingredients into the oats until well blended
- add pure maple syrup to taste
- serve hot in a bowl
- eat & enjoy every spoonful of that delicious Christmasy flavor!
You may also like:
I hope you enjoy this Christmas porridge recipe. What are your favourite Christmas Recipes?
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated ❤
Love Hayley x