Ginger and Coconut Quinoa Salad Recipe. This creamy, flavourful, delicious dish is vegan, gluten free and full of nourishing ingredients.
Today I would like to share a different kind of recipe with you. One of my favourite savoury dishes. Ginger and Coconut Quinoa Salad. This is something I usually make ahead of time and take to work for a delicious healthy lunch. Although it also makes for a fuss free dinner when your short of time. It’s incredibly filling on it’s own or makes a great filler for wraps. Or served with your favourite protein.
This really is delicious and is incredibly nutritious with tons of fibre and protein. Quinoa has about 9 grams of protein per cup and is considered a “complete” protein, because it contains all the essential amino acids. Quinoa will also give you a hit of iron, folate and calcium.
I hope you enjoy this ginger and coconut quinoa recipe, please let me know what you think in the comments below.
You may also like Quick and Easy Basil Avocado Pasta
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 to 2 tbsp of freshly grated ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup of frozen edamame
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup water
- In a saucepan add coconut milk, water, grated ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to boil, then reduce the heat, cover and allow to simmer for ten minutes.
- Add edamame and allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes covered
- Remove the lid and allow to cool before adding the sliced almonds.