Ginger and Coconut Quinoa Salad Recipe. This creamy, flavourful, delicious dish is vegan, gluten free and full of nourishing ingredients.
Today I would like to share a different kind of recipe with you. One of my favourite savoury dishes. Ginger and Coconut Quinoa Salad. This is something I usually make ahead of time and take to work for a delicious healthy lunch. Although it also makes for a fuss free dinner when your short of time. It’s incredibly filling on it’s own or makes a great filler for wraps. Or served with your favourite protein.
This really is delicious and is incredibly nutritious with tons of fibre and protein. Quinoa has about 9 grams of protein per cup and is considered a “complete” protein, because it contains all the essential amino acids. Quinoa will also give you a hit of iron, folate and calcium.
I hope you enjoy this ginger and coconut quinoa recipe, please let me know what you think in the comments below.
You may also like Quick and Easy Basil Avocado Pasta
Recipe- Ginger and Coconut Quinoa Salad Recipe | Vegan and Gluten Free
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 to 2 tbsp of freshly grated ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup of frozen edamame
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup water
- In a saucepan add coconut milk, water, grated ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to boil, then reduce the heat, cover and allow to simmer for ten minutes.
- Add edamame and allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes covered
- Remove the lid and allow to cool before adding the sliced almonds.