Beautifully tasty Ground Almond and Orange gluten free cake. This is deliciously moist, thanks to the orange syrup and so moorish! You won’t believe this is healthy!
When me and Marius went to Edinburgh (post coming soon) one of my favourite days involved us going to Portbello beach promenade. Whilst there we went to the sweetest beach-side cafe called the ‘Beach House’. We had planned to stop for a hot drink as we had just had the most amazing huge lunch. However once we got inside we were drooling over the menu.
The cakes looked so delicious that we had to order two slices. I chose a huge slice of orange cake that was heavenly. It was so delicious that I had cravings for more ever since.
So I wanted to recreate this amazing orange cake Nourish your Glow style. My version is gluten free and actually healthy, although this tastes incredibly indulgent.
This cake is made just from 6 simple ingredients and is incredibly easy to make. It makes your house smell lovely and citrusy whilst making.
Whilst this cake tastes so yummy, it contains, no diary, gluten, flour or refined sugar. Using almonds instead of flour provides healthy fats and protein and makes this cake really filling and satisfying without feeling heavy.
You can subscribe below on Bloglovin so you never miss a post!
- For the cake:
- 2 large oranges
- 1/2 cup agave or other liquid sweetener
- 2 cups almond meal
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- For the syrup:
- 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons Agave or other liquid sweetener
- Preheat oven to 180c / 355 f. Prepare a cake tin
- Boil two orange in a sauce of water, topping up the water as necessary. Allow to cool, then puree both oranges, in a food processor
- Mix all other cake ingredients together before stirring in the orange puree.
- Pour mixture into cake tin and bake for 1 hour.
- To make the syrup zest and juice the orange and into a saucepan on a low heat, add the liquid sweetener stir until the syrup thickens.
- When the cake is ready spread the syrup over the top of the cake.
- Tastes great both warm or cold.