Grab and Go Baked Oat Cups for healthy on the go snacking
It’s the time of year when all you hear about is New Year ‘detoxes’. I am personally not a fan of these and prefer to maintain a healthy lifestyle all year long whilst enjoying a bit of whatever I fancy when I have a craving for something!
I think this is a much more sustainable way to meet your health and fitness needs, instead of crash dieting or severely cutting calories to reach your goals. To stay on track year long, I like to keep healthy snacks around my home, like these healthy baked cups.
Anything that you can make before hand and just grab when you need a pick me up, are always a win in my book. These are perfect any time of the day and are healthy enough for breakfast. I especially love these as they are so customisable, the topping options are endless!
This time I used:
- Goji berries + shredded coconut
- Blueberries with extra cinnamon
- Blackberries + Flaked Almonds
- Raisins + Chopped Walnuts
I also think these combinations will be nice:
- Apple + extra Cinnamon
- Banana and Pumpkin Seed
- Lemon zest + Poppy Seeds
- Pitted Cherries + Dark Chocolate Chunks
They are filled with healthy carbs, protein, and fats, to keep you full and satisfied.
RECIPE- GRAB-AND-GO BAKED OATMEAL CUPS
- 2 chia eggs
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/4 cups almond milk (alternatively any other milk)
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 cups Gluten Free jumbo oats
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- your favourite toppings
1. Preheat the oven to 350/175c degrees. Line a muffin tin with muffin lines.
2. First, place your chia eggs and sugar into a large bowl and whisk together until combined.
2. Then add the mashed banana, almond milk, and cinnamon. Whisk until well combined.
3. Finally stir in the oats and baking powder.
3.Transfer this mixture to the muffin cups, around 1/4 cup of the mixture to each cup
4. Add your favourite toppings, pressing down into the oat mixture with a spoon
4. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown
5. Leave to cool completely before enjoy
6. Store in an airtight container
You may also like:
My favourite was the Blueberry and Cinnamon, so GOOD. I really hope you enjoy this Grab and Go Baked Oat Cups recipe. If you guys give them a try, make sure to tag Nourish Your Glow on Instagram or Twitter so I can see all your amazing creations (and toppings!)
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated ❤
Love Hayley X