Healthy Carrot Cake Baked Doughnut Recipe made from only ten ingredients and ready in 15 minutes. Vegan and Gluten Free.
I received this Wilton Six Hole Doughnut Tin for my birthday a few weeks ago. Since then I have been obsessed with all the endless doughnut flavour combinations I could make. Starting with these healthy carrot cake baked doughnuts!
They are gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan and refined sugar-free. I frosted mine using cashew cream but they are so tasty on their own that I actually prefer them without.
Baking doughnuts is so much healthier then the typical method, although they taste just as good! Made from just 10 easy ingredients they are ready in only 15 minutes. Naturally gluten free and vegan.
You may also like Carrot Cake Porridge Recipe
Recipe- Carrot Cake Baked Doughnuts Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups flour (I used buckwheat)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar ( I used coconut)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 chia egg
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup milk (I used almond)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrot
Optional Cashew Cream Frosting
- ¾ cup raw cashews soaked overnight in warm water
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
Carrot Cake Baked Doughnut:
- Heat oven to 350°F/175c
- Lightly spray a doughnut pan with cooking spray
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg
- In a separate bowl beat chia egg, oil, milk, maple syrup, and carrot with a whisk.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients; fold until just combined.
- Transfer mixture to the doughnut pan filling about half full.
- Bake on centre oven rack 10 to 12 minutes or until doughnuts are golden around edges and spring back when touched.
- Remove from oven, repeat with remaining batter
Cashew Cream Frosting:
- Add all ingredients to food processor and pulse until completely creamy
- Layer on top of the carrot cake doughnuts and top with chopped walnuts if desired
I really hope you enjoy this healthy carrot cake baked doughnut recipe. Be sure to tag me on social media if you try them. I love seeing your creations.