Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins, vegan, gluten free and wholesome.
I just love carrot cake, it’s one of my all time favourite desserts! I made these carrot cake muffins, wholesome and nourishing with beautifying feel good ingredients. They are so satisfying and really filling too.
They are perfect for sharing when you have your friends around or if your want to make something on a special occasion that everyone can enjoy.
I think this is a perfect Spring and Easter recipe too. They taste great on their own but I topped mine with creamy macadamia frosting.
I hope everyone has a great start to the week!
You may also like:
Carrot cake Baked Doughnuts Recipe
Carrot cake porridge
You will need:
- Coconut Oil
- Buckwheat Flour
- Chia egg
- Organic Baking Powder
- Macadamia Nuts
- dairy free yoghurt
- Maple Syrup
For the carrot cake muffins
- 1¾ cups buckwheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups grated carrot
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup raisins
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 chia eggs/eggs
- 1 cup plain dairy free yoghurt
For the frosting
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts, soaked 2-3 hours and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 maple syrup
- 2-4 tablespoons water, as needed for blending
Method– for the carrot cake muffins
- preheat oven to 425 F /220 C
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, ginger and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Add the raisins, carrot and walnuts and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine the oil, maple syrup, the chia eggs and yogurt and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined
- Transfer your batter into prepared muffins tin.
- Bake muffins for 13 minutes, or until the muffins are golden
- Wait to cool completely before enjoying or frosting
For the frosting
- Combine the first three ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth and creamy, adding water as and if necessary.
- Adjust flavor to taste, then transfer to a bowl and chill in the freezer for at least an hour, to allow the frosting to thicken.
I really hoped you enjoy this recipe for carrot cake muffins. Tag me on soical media if you give them a try #nourishyourglow @nourishyourglow
Love Hayley X