A healthy cherry bakewell frangipane tart that is gluten free and paleo. Made from only nourishing good for you ingredients. Easy and simple to make.
Cherry Bakewell tart is such a classic British dessert that you’ll find served everywhere, from cake shops, fancy restaurants, and coffee shops. It’s one of my absolute favourites!
If you follow me on Twitter, you will know that my all-time popular recipe on this blog is the Healthy Raspberry Almond Frangipane Tart. Today I am giving this recipe a cherry bakewell tart makeover. I’m obsessed with this recipe and have made it on the last three Sunday’s in a row!
Think of your favourite big slice of cherry bakewell tart, Nourish your Glow style, without all the nasties and totally healthy and good for you!
Unlike typical cherry bakewell tart this recipe won’t leave you feeling bloated and heavy. In fact this feels really light, whilst being satisfying at the same time. Easy to whip up, delicious to eat, this will rid you of your craving whilst giving you a dose of nourishing ingredients.
This recipe contains no refined flours, just lots of nuts and coconut flour, to make the base and the topping. With a cherry chia jam that makes up the jammy layer. Sweetened only with maple syrup! Low carb, full of protein from the eggs, almonds, and chia seeds and lot of fibre too thanks to the coconut flour!
This is something that you, your friends and family can all enjoy guilt free!
I really hope you enjoy this cherry bakewell frangipane tart, tag @nourishyourglow on social media if you try this out so I can see your creations.
- For the base
- 2 cups almond flour (I blend my own)
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 11/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- For the jam
- 650 grams frozen cherries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 150 mls water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- For the top
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- Flaked almonds for topping
- Start by making the chia cherry jam,. Add all the ingredients except for the flour to a pan. Bring to simmer and let it simmer for around 20 minutes. When the liquid has reduced and the mixture looks like a syrup, stir in the coconut flour. Remove from heat and allow to cool
- Next make the base
- Pre-heat the oven to 170c
- Grease the bottom of your pan
- Combine all ingredients and stir until crumbly
- Transfer to pan and press down firmly to create an even base and set aside.
- For the topping
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl
- In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients.
- Combine the two and mix thoroughly
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Leave to cool completely before serving