Healthy Cherry Galette Recipe for a vegan and gluten free dessert.
I love making galettes as they taste so delicious but are also really easy and quick to make.
As you can see in the pictures, galettes aren’t meant to be perfectly pretty. I think that that’s the beauty of galettes, they never look the same, and they all come out a bit differently. Also, the cherry juice will probably break through the dough at some point during the baking. Don’t worry if this happens, it’s perfectly normal, and it does not affect the taste at all. My galette is always swimming in fruit juice when I take it out of the oven.
This summer I have been loving cherries so much. You can chose whichever fruit you like though!
Have you entered my giveaways yet? I am giving away an iPhone 6/6s Richmond & Finch Case and an Evolve Organic Beauty Defence Moisture Mist Review.
Recipe- Healthy Cherry Galette
- ½ cup of gluten free oats
- ¾ cup of buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup of coconut oil
- 1 -2 tablespoons of cold water
- 2½ cups fresh pitted cherries
- 1 tablespoon buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- the juice of ½ small lemon
- Place the oats into a food processor, and process to a flour. Add the buckwheat flour, coconut sugar and coconut oil and mix for a few seconds. Add one tablespoon of cold water until you have a crumbly dough. It should be moist, but still crumbly you can add a bit more cold water if it is too dry.
- Put the dough into a bowl, cover and place it into the fridge for one hour.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling by slicing the cherries, and combining them with the buckwheat flour, coconut sugar and lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 360F/180C
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper, not too thin as it will easily break.
- Cut the the edges to make a circle
- Add the filling into the middle of the galette and gently fold the edges over the cherries.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes until the dough is golden brown,
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
I hope you enjoy this healthy galette recipe.
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated ❤
Love Hayley X