Healthy Chocolate Sheet Cake with Ganache Frosting. Vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free.
Now I think it’s safe to say that everyone loves chocolate cake right? Now what if a chocolate cake was healthy? Vegan, gluten free, diet friendly and refined sugar free? Bonus!!
This is a recipe that all can enjoy. Perfect for entertaining or a guilt free dessert.
Traditionally this dessert is laden with butter, sugar and calories. Far from healthy!
My healthy version comes in at 80 calories per portion including the frosting! Coconut oil and yogurt make this fantastically moist and soft. I used buckwheat flour as a gluten free alternative to white flour, guaranteed to not cause bloating!
Although this is a healthy recipe, it tastes anything but! With a dense and rich chocolate taste, that melts in your mouth, this is a perfect recipe for any occasion!
As everyone loves chocolate cake this will go down a treat for birthdays, celebration or any gatherings. In total takes 30mins to make!
Plus this is simple to make. Simply stir your ingredients and pour into the baking tray!
If you like this recipe you’ll love these ones.
Recipe- chocolate sheet cake with ganache frosting
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 6 tbsp cocoa /cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or any granulated sugar of choice)
- 1/4 cup dairy free yogurt (or yogurt of choice, I use coconut)
- 1/4 coconut oil
- 3/4 cup water
For the Frosting
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (I use coconut)
- 2 tsp cocoa /cacao powder
- 3 tsp milk of choice (I use almond)
- Preheat oven to 180c
- For the sheet cake
- Grease your baking pan
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl
- In a different bowl whisk together the wet ingredients
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures and pour into the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes
- For the frosting mix the sugar and cocoa powder until there are no lumps, then add the milk stirring until combined.
- Once the cake has cooled, stir on top
I hope you enjoy this chocolate sheet cake with ganache frosting recipe,