A healthy version of chocolate rice crispy treats made with natural ingredients without all the nasties.
These Chocolate Vegan Rice crispy treats are made with mood boosting cacao powder, they are gluten and dairy free. Containing only natural ingredients, they are delightfully crunchy and chewy and do not taste healthy at all.
Sweetened only with maple syrup these rice crispy treats feel very indulgent and will satisfy your sweet tooth without the sugar crash. A perfect snack for all to enjoy, a great vegan dessert.
They contain only four ingredients and with no cooking required these rice Crispy Treats are so easy and quick to make!
Nature’s path crispy rice puffs are the base of this recipe. This is made from organic brown rice and is absolutely delicious. They give these a nice crunch without feeling heavy or stodgy.
A healthy version of dark chocolate rice crispy treats made with natural ingredients without all the nasties.
- 3 cups Nature’s path crispy rice puffs
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice (I used cashew)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cacao
- Mix your cashew butter (or other nut butter of choice), maple syrup, and cacao.
- Melt (either in the microwave or stove), then pour over the cereal and stir very well, making sure to coat all the crispies.
- Line a pan with parchment paper and spread the mixture evenly into the pan.
- Using the back of a spatula press down as firmly as you can
- Freeze for at least one hour before slicing
- Keep refrigerated