Healthy Coco Pops Cereal Recipe a healthy twist on on your child hood favourite for a delicious and healthy start to the day
Today I’ll be sharing my favorite healthy chocolate cereal recipe with you! Healthy Coco Pops – and let me tell you… it is delicious! I’m so totally obsessed.
Coco Pops were hands down my favourite cereal when I was younger. I had them every day for breakfast and even snacked on them too. I really wanted to make a healthier alternative that was yummy, healthy and filling, but still tastes as good.
I actually love this nutritious version even better. It’s the perfect texture, full of antioxidant rich cacao flavour and, of course, it turns the milk chocolatey too.
I hope that you love this recipe as much as I do!
This healthy chocolate coco pops cereal is gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free.
THE RECIPE- Healthy Coco Pops Cereal
- 4 cups gluten free brown rice puffs
- 80ml agave
- 80ml organic coconut oil
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- First make the chocolate coating – in a small saucepan, add the agave syrup and organic coconut oil and heat gently over a low heat until warmed.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the raw cacao powder, until smooth.
- Add the brown rice puffs to a large bowl then drizzle the chocolate coating over top. Stir really well until the brown rice puffs are completely coated. It may seems like you don’t have enough chocolate coating, but keep stirring, it will cover it all!
- If you prefer a softer and chewier texture transfer the cocoa pop mixture into a baking paper line container and put it straight in the fridge until it sets (about 20 minutes or so). Then break it up (it will crumble apart easily) and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- If you prefer a crispy and crunchy texture like I do preheat the oven to about 160 degrees.
- Spread the coco pop mixture into a baking paper lined baking tray
- Bake for 4-8 minutes, stirring around once, until crispy.
- Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container (not in the fridge).
Healthy Chocolate Cocoa Pops Cereal Serving Ideas:
- Serve a portion with fresh berries, raw almonds and unsweetened almond milk
- Add a serving on top of plain coconut yogurt of choice with fresh berries and raw almonds
- Mix it with dried fruit and nut for a healthy trail mix
You may also enjoy:
I hope you enjoy this healthy cocoa pops recipe! What was your favourite breakfast when you were younger?
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated ❤
Love Hayley X