Coconut and Raspberry Muffins for a healthy and delicious dessert
These coconut and raspberry muffins are not only delicious, but they are also gluten free, diary free, vegan and contain no refined sugar!
And don’t let the word healthy fool you! I can assure you, they are just as delicious as any other muffins of a more indulgent nature.
I used Coyo coconut yoghurt to frost these muffins. Coyo is a dairy free Coconut Milk Yoghurt made from the squeezed flesh of the coconut, to which is added five carefully sourced plant fed vegan cultures making a delicious dairy free alternative. There are no added sweeteners or preservatives, just simple, whole ingredients.
You can already find Coyo at a lot of retailers and they are just about to launch in Sainsbury’s!
I think these muffins are just perfect for summer! I hope you love them!
Recipe- Coconut and raspberry Muffins
For the coconut and raspberry muffins
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 4 tbps Coconut Oil
- 2 Flax seed Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 Cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1/2 oat flour
- 1/3 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1 tbps Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Chopped Raspberries
For the frosting
- 1 cup plain coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 190c/375f
- In a large bowl mix together the buckwheat flour, oat flour, desiccated coconut, baking soda
- In a separate bowl mix the almond milk, coconut oil, flaxseed eggs, and maple syrup maple
- Mix these to mixtures together until fully combined.
- Gently fold in the raspberries
- Transfer the mixture to muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes
- Leave to cool completely before adding the frosting
- For the frosting whisk the coconut yoghurt and sugar until thick, place covered in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to thicken even for
- Spread over the muffins and decorate with a raspberry and sprinkling of desiccated coconut
I hope you enjoy this coconut and raspberry muffin recipe, be sure to tag me on social media if you try them! I love to see your recipes @nourishyourglow