Healthy and Delicious Banana Muffins- Plant based and Gluten Free
Tea and cake doesn’t get any better then this! I made these delicious and healthy banana muffins over the weekend and me and Marius enjoyed them for an afternoon pick me up with some herbal tea.
These healthy banana muffins are the perfect treat for when you are feeling something sweet. It is so much better to bake muffins yourself as you can control exactly what you put in them, meaning you can stay away from refined sugars and chemicals! These are perfect for bringing to a brunch or just sharing with your friends.
I think they would make a nice on the go breakfast too! They are gluten free, vegan, dairy free and free from refined sugar.
Recipe – Healthy and Delicious Banana Muffins
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (any nut butter will work)
- 2 flax eggs
- 3 medium mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup almond milk (any milk will work)
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup oats, plus more for sprinkling on top (I used gluten free)
- banana slices for topping
- Preheat the oven to 330/165 c and prepare your muffin tray with muffin cups
- In a small bowl add the coconut oil, flax eggs and agave syrup and mix well. Then add the mashed banana, peanut butter, almond milk, and vanilla bean and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine soda, cinnamon, buckwheat flour, and oats
- Combine the two mixtures together, it will be a little bit lumpy
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups
- Sprinkle the tops with a some oats and top with banana slices if you wish
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean
- Leave to cool completely before enjoying
Love Hayley X
Follow me on social media for more updates.