Healthy Cherry Granola for a Delicious start to the day. Vegan and Gluten free, only eight ingredients
A really important aspect of starting my day off right is having a healthy breakfast. I cannot function as well throughout my day if I don’t eat something nourishing in the morning to help energize me in a healthy way.
It has healthy carbs, protein and fat so will provide you with energy all morning.
This healthy cherry granola is packed full of whole grains, coconut flakes, nuts, seeds, and sweetened naturally with maple syrup. I usually enjoy some of this granola with fruit and almond milk. It also tastes amazing with coconut yogurt, or sprinkled on top of some chia pudding, smoothies or porridge.
This cherry breakfast granola is one of my favorite go-to breakfasts. It’s so simple to make and can be stored in your cupboard for weeks in an airtight jar or container. I love to make a batch of granola each week to have on hand.
I used Urban Fruit baked cherries. I LOVE Urban fruit, especially the cherries and strawberries. Urban fruit gently bake their fruit to make dried fruit without any added sugar, or sulphites, which is why I love them so much. They are amazing as on the go snacks, and I like to always keep bag in my handbag.
Recipe- Healthy and Delicious Cherry Granola for a nourishing and satisfying start to the day
- 3 cups large flaked rolled oats
- ¼ cup flaked almonds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- 2/3 cup urban fruit cherries
- Preheat your oven to 285 F/ 140 C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix your oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Pour your wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well until it’s evenly coated.
- Spread your granola out evenly onto the baking sheet, and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown. Depending on your oven, the granola may take a bit more, or less baking time. Make sure to keep an eye on it.
- Let cool on the counter top before stirring in the cherries and coconut flakes.
- I recommend keeping your granola stored in a sealed tupper wear or mason jar in your cupboard.
You may also like:
I hope you enjoy this healthy cherry granola recipe.
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated ❤
Love Hayley X