Healthy and Delicious Chocolate Cake – Gluten Free + Vegan
There’s nothing quite like a decadent slice of chocolate cake to satisfy a sweet tooth – especially when it is made from nourishing and healthy ingredients!
This healthy chocolate cake is dairy free, vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free. And it’s so easy to make!
This vegan chocolate cake is moist and has the best texture thanks to the desiccated coconut.
I used the Oneearth Coco Go Go powder to give this cake an extra nutritional boost but this is optional. The powder is rich in vitamins A, B12, Iron, Potassisum, Magnesium and is also high in antioxidants thanks to the Raw Cacao, Matcha Green Tea, Baobab, Beetroot, and Vanilla Pod it contains.
Oneearth sells a variety of powders to give a little nutritional boost to your food, you can find out more here.
You may also like;
Recipe – Healthy Delicious Chocolate Cake – Vegan + Gluten Free
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 3 flax eggs
- 2 medium banana’s
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Oneearth Coco Go Go powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- preheat oven to 180 degree’s Celsius (360 F)
- mash the banana’s until there are no lumps
- mix the banana, the coconut oil, flax eggs and the agave
- add the cacao powder and Oneearth powder to the mix and blend well
- add the coconut flour, buckwheat flour, desiccated coconut, and cinnamon and mix thoroughly
- grease a cake pan with coconut oil
- pour the batter into a cake pan and smooth over the top
- place into the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes
- remove from oven when cooked and leave to cool
- I added melted chocolate on mine and decorated with cacao nibs, goji berries and pomegranate
I really hope you enjoy this healthy and delicious vegan chocolate cake. Be sure to tag me on social media if you try them, I love to see your creations @nourishyourglow
Love Hayley X