An easy recipe for healthy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. Nourishing ingredients, naturally vegan and gluten free.
These cookies are really so delicious, I have been loving them as a treat when I want to have something sweet. They are just as good as the usual double chocolate chip cookies and are amazingly rich and fudgy.
Me and Marius have been enjoying these after dinner and they really hit the spot!
They best part is they are so quick and simple to make. Only six ingredients needed, they take five minutes to prepare and 7 minutes in the oven.
I used Coconut Sugar as the sweetener and it gives a really nice light caramel flavour to the cookies. For the double chocolate I used unsweetened Cocoa Powder , this not only gives an amazing fudgy, decadent flavour but is also highly nutritious and is full of minerals. The second dose of chocolate comes from dairy free dark chocolate chunks.
I love that these are much cleaner and natural than the typical store bought ones. Meaning I can enjoy more guilt free.
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 2 chia eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350f/175c
- In a bowl mix together all the wet ingredients
- In a separate bowl mix together the dry
- Combine these to mixtures until fully combined.
- Take some of the dough and roll into a ball, placing them onto a prepared baking tray and flatten slightly to create your desired thickness.
- Bake for 7 mins, they will seem really soft and underdone but they will firm up and be lovely, chewy and gooey on the inside once cooled
I hope you enjoy this healthy double chocolate chip recipe, be sure to tag me on social media if you try it so I can see your creations!