Easy and simple healthy Fruit Tea Loaf Recipe.
My mom used to make me Fruit Tea Loaf and I would thought it was so yummy. Over the holidays we decided to make over her recipe to include only clean nourishing ingredients. There’s no nasties here just pure home made goodness.
This moist fruity tea loaf is just perfect for when your craving cake. I have been enjoying it as both an afternoon snack and also as a quick breakfast when I’m in a rush.
Pre-soaking your fruit make them plump, juicy and bursting with flavour for this delicious fruit tea loaf recipe.
The great thing about this fruit loaf is that it has no refined sugar and it’s not too sweet. I used buckwheat flour to make it gluten free. I also tested with both flax and normal eggs and it worked great both ways.
This is really filling and satisfying too, full of fibre that will keep you going all day.
It’s simple to make to as long as you have a loaf tin, I like to use a non stick one as there’s no need to grease and the loaf is easy to remove.
Recipe- Healthy Fruit Tea Loaf
You will need
- 1 cup of cold black tea
- 225g dried fruit
- 225g buckwheat flour
- 2 flax eggs/ eggs beaten
- 6 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- Soak the dried fruit in the cold tea for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Add all the other ingredients, mix well then transfer the mixture to a prepared loaf tin
- Bake in a 180°C 350F for 40-50 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
I hope you enjoy this fruit tea loaf recipe.
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated ❤
Love Hayley X