Healthy Lemon Poppy Seed Cake perfect for summer. Flourless, vegan, gluten and refined sugar free.
This lemon poppy seed cake is the perfect dessert for summer.
A mouth-watering cake that is healthy, unprocessed as well as completely plant-based.
This delicious lemon poppy seed cake is also flour-less, gluten free, refined sugar-free, dairy free and it also contains healthy fats and protein.
It is also really easy to make! Topped with a heavenly coconut frosting, although you can also enjoy it without.
You may also like:
Recipe- Healthy Lemon Poppy Seed Cake for a delicious dessert.
- 2 cups oat flour ( I blended gluten free oats to make my own oat flour)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tsbp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 tbsp nut butter melted and cooled (I used cashew)
- 1 cup chilled coconut cream
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
For the cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 f / 175 c
- Prepare your cake tin ( I use this non stick one)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the lemon zest and poppy seeds and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients
- Combine these to mixtures mixing well
- Transfer the batter to your cake tin
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown
- Leave to cool completely before frosting
For the frosting
- Whisk all ingredient together until it thickens
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to thicken further
I really hope you enjoy this lemon poppy seed cake recipe, be sure to tag me on social media if you try them! I love to see your recipes @nourishyourglow