Healthy Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins, for a healthy and delicious dessert! Gluten free and paleo.
Delicious and healthy lemon poppy seed muffins that are perfect for summer. Absolutely obsessed with this recipe and these lemon poppy seed muffins soon became my new favourite. You can watch how I made these on my Youtube Video below.
They are really easy to make too, with just seven ingredients needed. Just mix all the ingredients together, transfer to your muffin tray, bake and your done. I think they make a perfect little snack, brunch or after dinner dessert.
They are also full of a lot of goodness:
Poppy seeds -Supply a dose of the minerals iodine, manganese, zinc, magnesium and copper.
Lemon – many nourishing elements like vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin E, folate, niacin thiamin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, copper, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, and phosphorus
Coconut flour – high in fibre, protein, and healthy fats
Maca– contains over 20 amino acids, including 8 essential amino acids. Also contains, Vitamins B-1, B-2, C. Rich in Phosphorus, Selenium, E, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Copper, Zinc, Manganese, Sulphur, Sodium, Iron
If you like these healthy lemon seed muffins then you will also love:
Recipe- Healthy Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins, paleo and gluten free.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 325 f/160c
In a small bowl combine the coconut flour, baking soda, poppy seeds, and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl combine the lemon juice, coconut oil, honey, almond, eggs. Make sure your maple syrup and eggs are at room temperature. You can place the eggs in a bowl of warm tap water for a few minutes to help warm them up quickly. This will ensure that your muffin batter will be runny, and will easily mix and pour into the muffin cups. (Otherwise the coconut oil may harden and won’t mix evenly into the batter.)
Combine the liquid mixture with the dry ingredients.
Pour the batter into muffins tins and bake at 325f/160c for 20 – 25 minutes.
- coconut flour must be used in this recipe, subs wont work
- coconut oil must be melted or the batter will be dry