Healthy Marble Swirl Banana Bread Recipe. Vegan, gluten free and no refined sugar.
Back with another banana bread recipe! I just can’t get enough. So versatile, you can enjoy banana bread for breakfast, snack or dessert.
This marble swirl banana bread is so soft and moist and has more of a cakey texture then usual banana bread, so dreamy.
This may look complicated but only 9 simple ingredients are needed. It uses buckwheat flour to make this banana bread gluten free and chia eggs to make it vegan.
This banana bread is wholesome and nourishing but tastes just like marble swirl cake!
You will need
- Coconut Oil
- Maple Syrup
- flour (I used Buckwheat Flour)
- Organic Baking Powder
- Organic Cinnamon Powder
- Chia egg
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- milk (I used almond)
You may also like
Healthy Marble Swirl Banana Bread Recipe. Delicious, gluten free and vegan!
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 chia eggs/ eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup milk of choice or water (I used almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- Pre heat over to 355 F/ 180 c
- Add all the dry ingredients except for the cocoa to a bowl and mix well
- Mash the bananas in a separate bowl and add the rest of the wet ingredients and mix together
- Mix the wet with the dry until fully combined
- Separate the mixtures into two bowls
- Add the cocoa to one bowl and mix
- Take some of the first mixture and scoop it with a large spoon into your pan in a down-up-down pattern.
- Scoop a dollop of the second mixture into each of the empty spaces to create a checker board pattern
- Go back to the first mixture and create a second layer alternating colours– meaning, if a light coloured square is on the bottom, put a dark coloured square on top.
- Repeat the pattern for a third and final layer with all the remaining batter.
- Take a knife and swirl it through the mixture, making rounded vertical zig-zags from one side of the pan to the other.
- Repeat the swirling pattern in the opposite direction.
- Bake for around 55-60 minutes
I really hope you enjoy this healthy marble swirl banana bread recipe.