Healthy Pancakes with Chocolate Sauce for a delicious breakfast
Healthy pancakes for a delicious and nourishing start to the day, that will keep you full and satisfied for hours.
I topped these healthy pancakes with chocolate sauce made with Cocoa Plus Protein chocolate. I love this chocolate as it contains so much more protein then typical chocolate, is made up of 55% cocoa and is naturally high in fibre. It also tastes really creamy and not bitter so makes a great alternative to dark chocolate.
Recipe- Healthy Gluten Free Pancakes with Chocolate Sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1/4 cup coconut yoghurt (I used Coyo)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 chia egg/egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup buckwheat flour
- Place a non-stick pan on medium heat and grease slightly with oil
- In a bowl, stir together the wet ingredients
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients
- Pour the wet into the dry and stir until combined
- Pour around 1/4 cup of pancake batter to the preheated pan, giving enough room between each pancake
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until you see bubbles pop up on the surface.
- Fill a small saucepan with hot water and place a heat-proof bowl on top
- Add in the chocolate and coconut oil and melt until smooth.
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated ❤
Love Hayley X
Thank you to Cocoa Plus for supporting my blog by sponsoring this post.