A Healthy take on a Raspberry Almond Frangipane Tart Recipe! Gluten Free and only natural sugar used!
My mom makes the very best Raspberry Almond Frangipane Tart! She makes it for me very time I go to visit her in Birmingham and it’s absolutely impossible to stop at one slice. Marius loves it too, we always leave Birmingham with very full bellies!!
So we all know when I cook, I challenge myself to make it as healthy as possible. My passion is making healthy recipes that are delicious and full of nutrition and beautifying ingredients. So last Friday when I asked Marius what he would like for dessert over the weekend and he asked for my moms Raspberry Almond Frangipane tart, I was pretty intimidated.
But not one to back down from a challenge I attempted to turn a frangipane tart into a healthy dessert.
I was pretty impressed with the results. Homemade Raspberry Chia Seed Jam and maple syrup make this feel really indulgent. Although this is definitely not the most nutritious and nourishing, it’s butter, gluten and refined sugar free so can be enjoyed without any guilt.
This Healthy Raspberry Almond Frangipane Tart is my favourite healthy dessert recipe so far!
And how did it compare to my moms amazing non healthy Raspberry Almond Frangipane Tart? Well lets just say it was completely gone before the weekend ended!
I really hope you enjoy this healthy raspberry frangipane tart recipe.
Recipe- healthy raspberry frangipane tart
For the tart crust
2 cups almond flour (I blend my own)
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil
11/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
Chia Seed Jam
1 cup Raspberries
1/4 Maple Syrup
1 tbsp Chia Seeds
3/4 cup Almond Flour
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
2 tbsp Maple Syrup
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp sliced almonds
- Pre-heat the oven to 170c
- For the Crust
- Grease the bottom of your cake pan
- Combine all ingredients and stir until crumbly
- Transfer to pan and press down firmly to create an even base and set aside.
- For the Raspberry Chia Jam
- Mash all ingredients together with a fork
- Pour into a saucepan and heat until it starts to bubble, reduce and whisk until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and once cooled pour over the pastry mixture
- For the Frangipane Topping
- Combine almond flour, combine almond flour, coconut oil, egg, egg yolk and maple syrup. Stirring until creamy.
- Pour this over the jam mixture
- Bake for 40mins