A healthy, quick and simple raspberry bakewell cake recipe filled with raspberry jam. All flavours of a bakewell tart in a delicious cake!
You may have noticed I love bakewell tarts, I’ve already made two healthy recipes for this, Healthy Cherry Bakewell Tart and Healthy Raspberry Almond Frangipane Tart. This time I wanted to try something different and combine all the yummy bakewell flavour into a cake recipe.
This healthy raspberry bakewell cake is really easy to make with only eight simple ingredients needed. It tastes delicious too and is naturally gluten free, vegan and wheat free.
- 1 + 2/3 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup Coconut Oil melted
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp gluten free self raising flour (I used buckwheat)
- 3 chia eggs/eggs
- 2 cups raspberries
- flaked almonds for topping
- 1/4 Maple Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/ 350 F,
- Prepare a cake tin
- Mix the ground almonds, Coconut Oil, sugar, flour, and eggs in a food processor until well combined.
- Spread half the mix over the cake tin and smooth over the top.
- Cook for 40 minutes until golden
- Pour the other half of the cake mixture into a prepared cake tin and scatter flaked almonds on top, cook for 40 minutes until golden brown
- Wait for both cake layers to cool down completely before spreading with the jam
- To make the jam, mash all ingredients together with a fork
- Pour into a saucepan and heat until it starts to bubble, reduce and whisk until the mixture thickens.
I hope you enjoyed this healthy raspberry bakewell cake recipe, remember to tag me on social media if you try it out.
Love Hayley X