Healthy Red Velvet Banana Bread Recipe. Delicious, gluten free, vegan and has a secret ingredient!
I love red velvet cake, it’s so yummy and a real treat. Red Velvet Banana bread may sound a little strange. But adding banana’s to red velvet cake makes it soft, moist and perfectly sweet.
This red velvet banana bread is completely healthy and homemade! No baking mix or box required. I used buckwheat flour as my flour of choice to make this banana bread gluten free, I used chia eggs to make it vegan.
The secret ingredient to get that red velvet colour is beets! I promise you won’t taste it once it’s mixed with the other ingredients. It’s super simple and easy to make. It tastes great on it’s own but you can add your favourite frosting. I used whipped coconut and it was such a delicious combination!
You will need
- Coconut Oil
- Maple Syrup
- flour (I used Buckwheat Flour)
- Organic Baking Powder
- Organic Cinnamon Powder
- Chia egg
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- milk (I used almond)
You may also like
Healthy Red Velvet Banana Bread Recipe. Delicious gluten free vegan and have secret ingredient!
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 chia eggs/ eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- ¼ cup milk of choice or water (I used almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 200g steamed beets
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1¾ cups buckwheat flour
- Pre heat over to 325 F/ 165 c
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well
- Add all the wet ingredients, the beets, coconut oil, eggs, banana and milk to a blender and blend unitl smooth
- Mix these two mixtures together until fully combined
- Bake for around 50-55 minutes
I really hope you enjoy this healthy red velvet banana bread recipe.