Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Sauce for a comforting and delicious dinner
This recipe for roasted red pepper pasta sauce is the perfect comforting pasta dish. It’s dairy-free, yet rich, creamy, and delicious.
This has fast become my favourite mid week dinner, so nourishing and satisfying. I use brown rice pasta to make it gluten-free, but you can try out this recipe with any type of pasta you like!
This pasta recipe also stores great in the fridge in an airtight container for a few days. When you want to heat it up, you can simply add it to a pan with a bit of almond milk and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
You can either serve it on it’s own or add in your favourite protein.
Recipe- Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Sauce
- 3 red bell peppers
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pink salt
- 3 clove garlic
- ¼ cup tahini or almond butter for thickening
- First roast the peppers. Pre-heat oven to 450 f /230 c. Place the bell peppers on a foil lined baking sheet. Roast the peppers for about 25 minutes; or until the skins are wrinkled and the peppers are charred, rotating them if needed. Leave to cool completely then remove the skin and seeds
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and put aside.
- Make the sauce by placing the roasted red peppers to a blender with the rest of the sauce ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Once blended, place sauce back in the pan over medium heat to thicken. Once it reaches a simmer, reduce heat to low and continue simmering.
- Once sauce is thickened to desired consistency add pasta and serve. I like to top mine with fresh basil leaves and a lemon wedge
My other healthy pasta sauces recipe
I hope you enjoy this healthy roasted red pepper pasta sauce recipe.
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated ❤
Love Hayley X