Perfectly soft and chewy raisin oat vegan biscuit recipe, that are easy to make and taste delicious. Biscuits that are incredibly soft, unbelievably chewy, and absolutely irresistible.
So these are more like a cookie then my usual vegan biscuit recipes. I wanted a thick, ultra soft biscuit with lots of flavour that was healthy and nourishing at the same time.
These biscuits are so homey, they remind me of autumn and are perfect for festivities. If you like warming spices like cinnamon and cloves as much as I do, you’re going to love today’s biscuits.
And the very best thing about these biscuits is the texture. These healthy spiced raisin oat biscuits are so thick and chewy, whilst being really soft at the same time. I used jumbo oats for extra texture, which works perfectly with the soft raisins and the coconut flakes give it a bit of a crunch.
They are hearty, satisfying and full of flavour due to the warming cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. But the really amazing thing about these beauties is that thy can be whipped up in minutes.
Check out my other vegan biscuit recipes:
- 3/4 cup of jumbo oats
- 1/2 cup of soft raisins
- 1/2 cup of coconut flakes
- 1 cup of whole grain spelt or wholewheat flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed cloves
- Pre-heat oven to 160c / 320 f
- Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix.
- In a different bowl mix all the wet ingredients together.
- Combine the wet to the dry and mix well.
- Lastly fold in the raisins.
- Shape the mixture into little balls
- Flatten the balls onto a lined baking sheet to make a biscuit shape.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 8-12 minutes