Healthy Vegan Gluten Free Waffles, for a delicious breakfast or brunch.
Marius absolutely loves waffles. Sadly though, store brought ones are usually filled with chemicals and bad for you ingredients. So I decided to buy this waffle maker and experiment to see if I could make a delicious healthy recipe.
I made these gluten free, vegan waffles with buckwheat flour, almond milk, banana and maple syrup. So much goodness!! I topped mine with Sweet Freedom Choc Shot Liquid Sauce which is made from 100% natural ingredients, and I added more fresh fruit too.
I think this is perfect to make on the weekends when you have a little bit more time to spend making breakfast.
I like to use Buckwheat Flour as it is gluten free, high fibre and high protein compared to wholemeal flour and contains many essential vitamins and minerals. I also
You may also like:
Recipe- Healthy Vegan Gluten Free Waffles
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp pure pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- In a bowl mix together the dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl mix together the wet
- Prepare and preheat your waffle maker according to the instructions for your machine
- Pour wet ingredients into dry, and stir until evenly combined.
- When the waffle maker is hot, pour half of the batter into the centre of the iron, and close the lid.
- Do not lift the lid before the waffle is done cooking.
- Serve with your favourite toppings
I hope you enjoy this recipe. What is your favourite thing to have for breakfast?
Love Hayley x