Healthy Raspberry Almond Muffins. Vegan, gluten free and no refined sugar. Quick and easy to make.
This is a dessert and a healthy treat all in one. These are vegan, gluten free and sugar free. So yummy! Fluffy and moist on the inside with little bursts of raspberries.
Almond flour, almond paste and chia seeds give these a vegan protein hit making them a great pre or post workout snack. Oat flour means these are full of tummy friendly fibre and slow released carbs that will keep you full and energised all day. Coconut oil gives a healthy dose of fats.
Only sweetened with maple syrup these can be enjoyed guilt free and are even nourishing enough for breakfast.
I used almond paste to give these a super moist centre. I love this one by Ecomil as it’s organic and reasonably priced (tastes great in smoothies and porridge too for extra creaminess).
Plus these healthy muffins are nutritious and nourishing enough for breakfast.
Many store brought muffins are full of bad fats, oils and sugar and loads of chemicals with a crazy amount of calories! Luckily it’s so easy and quick to create your own at home with clean nourishing ingredients that still taste yummy and indulgent.
I always make a big batch of healthy treats at the beginning of the week so I have something to snack on when I get those sugar cravings.
You can also try my other muffin recipes!
Shop This post
- 1 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup hot water (use along with chia)
- 1 cup oat flour (I blend mine)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I use pink)
- I carton ecomil Almond paste
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup raspberries
- Optional for topping Almond butter and slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 180c. and line a muffin pan
- In a bowl, whisk the chia seeds with water and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients
- Add into the chia seed mixture, the other wet ingredients and stir well
- Pour in the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and mix gently to combine the ingredients well.
- Fold in raspberries
- Pour into a muffin pan and bake for 25-30 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack 15 to 30 minutes before serving.
- For garnish smoother with almond butter and add slivered almonds