Nourishing and Healthy Vegetarian Chilli for a delicious lunch or dinner.
Vegetarian chilli is one of my all time favourite meals for lunch and dinner. It’s so easy to make, full of flavour and is so nourishing, satisfying and nutritious.
I like to make this in advance to let the flavours really marinate. I serve mine with turmeric rice, guacamole and a wedge of lime. This recipe is gluten free, and suitable for vegans.
You may also like:
Recipe- Vegetarian Chili for a heart and healthy lunch or dinner.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 4 chopped garlic gloves
- 2 stalks chopped celery
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup low-salt vegetable broth
- 6 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chili flakes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 pink sea salt
- Lime Wedges
- Turmeric Rice
- In a large pot, sauté the onion and the garlic in the olive oil over a medium for about 5 minutes.
- Add the celery, and bell pepper, salt and sauté for another 5 to 7 minutes
- Now add the can of diced tomatoes, broth, and tomato paste. Stir to combine. Increase heat to medium-high.
- Add the drained and rinsed beans, along with the spices. Simmer the mixture, uncovered, until thickened, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with rice, guacamole and lime wedges
I really hope you enjoy this vegetarian chilli recipe.