Perfect for Spring, Lemon Poppy Seed Banana Bread Recipe.
I’ve started noticing hints of spring all around London recently. From beautiful spring flowers, to the slightly warmer weather and the lighter nights. It makes me so excited! I absolutely love spring!
To get in the spring spirit I wanted to share a lemon poppy seed banana bread recipe. This is so moist, soft and delicious with the perfect amount of zingy lemon.
This lemon banana bread is perfect for any time of day. Although my favourite way to enjoy is smothered in almond butter and topped with banana slices and coconut flakes. It’s such a perfect breakfast, snack or even a dessert.
It wholesome and nourishing, full of fibre and energising carbs!
You may also like:
Yes I love banana bread 🙂
Recipe-Perfect for Spring, Lemon Poppy Seed Banana Bread Recipe.
For the Banana Bread
- 2/3 cup dairy free yoghurt
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 chia eggs/ eggs
- 3 overripe medium bananas, mashed
- 6 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp poppyseeds
- lemon zest from one whole lemon
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp almond milk
- Preheat oven to 375ºF/ 190C
- In a bowl mix together the wet ingredients
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry except for the poppy seeds
- Mix these to mixtures together and fold in the poppy seeds.
- Transfer to your loaf tin and bake
- Bake for around 1 hour
- Leave to cool completely for adding the optional glaze
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients and drizzle on top
I really hope you enjoy this recipe for Lemon Poppy Seed Banana bread! Who else is excited for spring?
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated ❤
Love Hayley x