Matcha Green Tea Vegan Pancakes. Give your breakfast a healthy makeover with these fluffy, light, vegan and gluten-free pancakes.
I love pancakes and I am also a little bit obsessed with adding matcha powder to everything, so I thought the time was right to put the two together, with these Matcha Green Tea Vegan Pancakes.
Matcha is so good for you, matcha contains vitamin C, zinc, magnesium, selenium, chromium plus lots of fibre and chlorophyll. It also contains lots’ of antioxidants and speeds up your metabolism. You can see my previous post on all the benefits of matcha powder and find out how to make a matcha green tea latte here.
Don’t let the idea of matcha in pancakes put you off trying this out! With the maple syrup and coconut milk these taste amazing! In fact they taste just like a sweet matcha green tea latte in pancake form.
The texture is light and fluffy, whilst crispy on the edges. They keep you full and satisfied and they are vegan, gluten-free and made from only healthy good for you ingredients.
I like to serve mine with coconut yogurt, melted dark chocolate, nuts and fresh fruit, but the possibilities are endless.
Check out my other pancake recipes!
Recipe- Matcha Green Tea Vegan Pancakes
- 8 tbsp flour of choice (I use buckwheat)
- 1/2 tbs matcha
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 2 chia eggs / 2 chicken eggs
- 2/3 cup milk (I used coconut)
- 1/2 tbs maple syrup
- Heat a frying pan on low heat
- Whisk the wet ingredients together until combined
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well
- Add a bit of coconut oil to the pan
- Transfer some of the pancake mixture to the pan to create your desired size.
- Once the centre stats to bubble, flip the pancake and cook for a few more minutes
- Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- Serve with your favourite toppings
I really hope you enjoyed this matcha green tea vegan pancakes recipe.
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated ❤
Love Hayley x