Mini Rhubarb Crumble Recipe. Vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free.
I went to Birmingham at the weekend to celebrate my mom’s birthday. It’s always so amazing to go back and spend time with everyone.
One of my favourite things about my parents house is their garden. It’s so lush with so many plants and pretty flowers. Plus they grow a lot of fruits and vegetables. They have a pear tree, tomato plant, they grow chillies, fresh mint and rhubarb.
I was so excited when my mom offered me a big bunch of goodies to take back with me, especially the rhubarb. Rhubarb crumble has always been one of my favourite puddings! So I decided to do my own take and create a rhubarb crumble recipe that was vegan, gluten free and containing no refined sugar. I made single serving miniature versions that are perfect for a midweek or weekend dessert.
The results were amazing!
The rhubarb is cooked until sticky and tender topped with a sweet oat crisp. Skipping on the butter, sugar and wheat flour this rhubarb crumble recipe can be enjoyed guilt free without feeling heavy and bloated afterwards!
Sweetened only with maple syrup with oats flour and coconut oil forming the crumble. This doesn’t compromise on taste or texture, it tastes just like the real deal.
The ultimate summer dessert. Perfect served warm with some whipped coconut milk.
I hope you enjoy this healthy rhubarb crumble recipe.
- 4 stalks fresh rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- A generous pinch of ground ginger
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- For the crumble
- 75g flour (I used buckwheat)
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 75g Jumbo oat flakes (gluten free)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Chop the rhubarb into 2cm pieces and place in a saucepan with the maple syrup, ginger, and lemon juice. Cook gently until the rhubarb softens, around 5 minutes.
- Mix the ingredients for the crumble together rubbing them together with your fingertips until a crumble mixture forms.
- Assemble the crumbles by splitting the rhubarb mixture into two remekin and place the crumble mixture on top.
- Cook for 15 minutes