Mushroom and Spinach Buckwheat Risotto for a healthy and delicious dinner
This mushroom and spinach buckwheat risotto is the perfect warming and satisfying dinner. Buckwheat is a great alternative to typical risotto rice for those who are avoiding gluten. It also contains lots of amino acids, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
I made this for me and my Mom and she was a big fan! Perfect dinner for this time of year when you want something cosy and filling.
This recipe is gluten free and suitable for vegans.
Have you entered my giveaway yet? Here I am giving away a Simply Scrub Gift Set.
Recipe- Mushroom and Spinach Buckwheat Risotto – Vegan + Gluten Free
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and a little coconut oil stirring occasionally, until softened
- Add mushrooms, thyme, salt, until mushrooms are softened
- Add buckwheat and stir until well coated
- Add vegan broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well, and allowing the buckwheat to soak up all the liquid before adding more – this takes about 3-5 minutes or so each time.
- Once you’ve added almost all the broth, add the spinach, nutritional yeast, lime juice and the rest of the broth and stir until the spinach is wilted, about 2-3 minutes. Taste, and add more salt, pepper, or lime juice if needed. Serve immediately.
You may also like
I hope you enjoy this mushroom and spinach buckwheat risotto recipe! What are your favourite dinner recipes right now?
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated ❤
Love Hayley X