A healthier peanut butter brownie recipe that is vegan and gluten free. Super fudgy and rich whilst secretly healthy.
I love brownies and I am always dreaming of ways to reinvent them. Today I am bringing two of my favourite ingredients together…. Chocolate and peanut butter!
The finished product was amazing! Fudgy, chocolatey, totally indulgent and satisfying! The best part is this peanut butter brownie recipe is vegan, gluten free and contain only natural, clean ingredients.
If you’re looking for a chocolate fix but don’t want all the calories, fat and sugar then this is perfect for you. This will impress health enthusiasts and unenthusiasts alike.
Cacao powder will give you that mood boosting sweet treat without spiking your blood sugar levels, leaving you feeling energised and not sluggish.
Each brownie is amazingly moreish, due to the addition of peanut butter which prevent this dish being too sickly sweet. I used all natural peanut butter, which is a great source of fibre, potassium and healthy fats.
I really hope you enjoy this peanut butter brownie recipe.
You may also enjoy Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate cups
Recipe- Peanut Butter Brownie Recipe | Vegan + Gluten Free
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 gf flour (I used buckwheat)
- 1 cup unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips (I used dairy free)
- Pre heat overn to 170c
- Whisk together the dry ingredients except the chocolate chips
- In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients except for the peanut butter
- Pour wet into the dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour this into a prepared baking pan
- Cook for 14-17 minutes and leave to completely cool
- Melt peanut butter in the microwave on a low heat
- Spread the melted peanut butter over the cooled brownies
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top (the melted peanut butter will cause them to melt and create a marble effect.
- Once cooled slice and enjoy.