Porridge with Blackberry + Apple Compote Recipe for a delicious and satisfying breakfast
Now the weather is getting colder and we move into Autumn I’ve been craving cosy, soothing porridge for breakfast to set me up for the day. I have been loving making this blackberry and apple compote to top it with. I’ve been eating this for breakfast at least every other day for the last few weeks and it’s been making me so happy!
Have you entered my giveaway yet? Here I am giving away a Simply Scrub Gift Set.
Recipe- Porridge with Blackberry + Apple Compote for a delicious and satisfying breakfast
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 apple
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Place the oats, water, mashed banana and almond milk into a sauce pan, bring to simmer and cook until most of the water is absorbed
- Stirring occasionally
- Peel and core the apple, then finely dice. Place in a small saucepan with the blackberries, honey, maple syrup and a splash of water.
- Bring to the boil on a medium heat, then turn the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. (I like a chunky texture but if you would prefer to have smooth compote, blitz in a food processor and pass through a sieve.)
- Once cooled store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge, increase the ingredients to make a larger batch
My other healthy porridge recipes
I hope you enjoy this porridge with Blackberry + Apple Compote recipe
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated ❤
Love Hayley X