Protein Peanut Butter Energy Balls for a healthy and delicious snack
I’ve been excited to share this recipe for these protein peanut butter energy balls with you because they’re healthy, easy, and delicious! They’re so simple that I always have all of the ingredients in my kitchen already.
They’re perfect for right before a workout or after, afternoon snacking, or eating as a late-night snack.
These protein peanut butter energy balls contain peanut butter, oats, protein powder chia seeds and maple syrup for a healthy combination of protein, fats and carbs.
I used the Nutree Life Pumpkin Seed protein powder. I love this one as it is only made with 100% pumpkin seeds and it’s organic.
Pumpkin seeds are not only a great source of protein, they are also rich in phosphorus, magnesium and manganese and are also a good source of other minerals including zinc, iron and copper.
You may also like:
Recipe- Protein Peanut Butter Energy Ball
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Nutree Life Pumpkin Seed protein powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- shredded coconut for rolling
- in a bowl mix together all the ingredients
- once fully combined, spoon out a heaped tablespoon amount at a time and press the mixture firmly together in your hands
- roll between your palms to form a ball, then place on a tray lined with parchment paper
- once all the mixture has been rolled into balls, roll in shredded coconut to coat
- place in the fridge for a few hours to set
- store in the fridge in an airtight container
I really hope you enjoy these protein peanut butter energy balls as much as I did. Be sure to tag me on social media if you try them, I love to see your creations @nourishyourglow
Love Hayley X