Sweet, spicy, moist pumpkin cake bites topped with coconut cream frosting. An autumn staple recipe you will make again and again!
I’m finally jumping on the pumpkin bandwagon with these Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cake Bites. Pumpkin is the ultimate autumn flavour, and adds a really nice flavour to cakes. Which works perfectly with the coconut cream frosting, although the pumpkin cake bites taste great on their own.
This cake has all the flavours of autumn and is perfectly festive. Vegan and of course healthy, made from nourishing ingredients!
Here’s the lo down:
- Sweetened only by maple syrup
- Spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg and all spice
- Coconut oil makes them incredibly moist and soft
- Simple and easy to make
- Made with spelt flour which contains a wide range of minerals
Supremely tender with hints of cozy spices and slavered with coconut cream frosting. It’s a slice of pure fall bliss. Plus this makes your home smell heavenly just like a bakery!
You may also like
Recipe- Pumpkin Cake Bites
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I used almond)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- For the frosting
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350f 175c
- Mix together the wet ingredients in a bowl
- Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl
- Combine the wet with the dry until evenly mixed
- Pour into prepared baking pan
- Bake for 30 mins
- Place the solid coconut cream into a blender and blend until smooth, add the rest of the ingredients and blend again
I really hope you enjoy these pumpkin cake bites with coconut cream frosting, let me know in the comments if you give them a go. Or even better tag me on social media so I can see your pictures!