This Basil Avocado Pasta has been my go to lunch recently. It’s so yummy and creamy. Plus it only takes 15 minutes in total to throw together.
Filling but not heavy and so satisfying! Bursting with flavour from the basil, lemon and garlic. Plus this Basil Avocado pasta sauce recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegan and full of so much goodness.
Avocado – Although high in calories avocados are amazing for you. They aid fat burning, reduce inflammanation and bloating and they are amazing for your skin.
Basil– Basil is also a power house of nutrition, full of antioxidants, antibacterial and contains lots of vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin A, C, D, B-12, B-6, Iron, Magnesium and Calcium.
Lemon Juice– Rich source of nutrients like Calcium, Potassium, and Vitamin C. It is a great immune booster and promotes healthy, glowing skin.
Garlic – Garlic helps to fight and prevent sickness. It contains high levels of Maganese, Vitamin B-6, Vitamin C and Selenium.
You may also like
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- juice of half a lemon
- 300g Gluten free pasta (My Favourite Brand)
- 2 Avocados halved, seeded and peeled
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- handful of basil leaves
- pinch of salt ( I use this pink salt)
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- In a large pot of boiling water cook pasta and drain well.
- Place the avocado, garlic, basil, olive oil, lemon juice into a blend or food processor and blend until your desired consistency. Tastes great both chunky or smooth and creamy.
- Season the sauce with salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve
- I like to serve mine with extra chopped basil leaves and some cherry tomatoes, such an amazing combination.
SHOP THIS POST
I hope you enjoy this Basil Avocado Pasta recipe as much as I did, it’s so yummy and satisfying and so easy and affordable to make! Don’t forget to tag me in your creations!
Love Hayley X