Red Lentil and Vegetable Coconut Dhal. Warming, filling and satisfying. This is full of nourishment and feel good ingredients. Plus Vegan and gluten free too.
This is one of my all time favourite dishes to make for lunch. It’s quick easy and delicious. Plus you can make it in a big batch at the beginning of the week and simply heat up to enjoy. Plus it tastes even better the next day after the spices have time to marinate.
Working 9-5 in London plus running a blog and social media accounts is pretty time consuming which is exactly why I love recipes like these. I have a few staple healthy lunch recipes up my sleeve that I batch make and I quickly heat up on my lunch break.
Full of vegan protein and fibre from the lentils and loaded with the vegetables, this healthy recipe is hearty and comforting and will keep you going all day.
The Ecomil Coconut paste makes this so creamy. Bursting with flavour from the garlic, ginger, turmeric and cumin this is one you’ll make again and again.
This is totally customisable so feel free to add your favourite veggies and include any extra spices.
I really hope you enjoy this Healthy Red Lentil and Vegetable Coconut Dhal Recipe.
Shop This post
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- ½tsp turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 250g red lentils
- I carton of Ecomil coconut paste
- 1tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh ginger
- :1 Red pepper
- 1/2 cup Baby corn
- 1/2 cup Snow Peas
- 1/2 cup Chopped Carrot
- Heat the oil in a pan add the onion and garlic and cook for 3- 4 minutes before adding in the rest of the vegetables, turmeric, ginger and cumin. Cook for four minutes.
- Pour in lentils, coconut paste and 100ml water and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil and simmer for around 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Before serving stir in the coriander