Healthy Red Velvet Baked Doughnut Recipe made from only ten ingredients and ready in 15 minutes. Vegan and Gluten Free.
I’ve still been loving experimenting with my Wilton Six Hole Doughnut Tin . This time I created a red velvet baked doughnut recipe.
They are gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan and refined sugar-free. I frosted mine using cashew cream but whipped coconut would also work really nicely too.
Baking doughnuts is so much healthier then the typical method, although they taste just as good! Made from just 10 easy ingredients they are ready in only 15 minutes. Naturally gluten free and vegan.
RECIPE- Healthy Red Velvet Baked Doughnut Recipe made from only ten ingredients and ready in 15 minutes. Vegan and Gluten Free.
- 1 1/4 cups flour (I used buckwheat)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar ( I used coconut)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 chia egg
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup milk (I used almond)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 150g steamed beets blended
Optional Cashew Cream Frosting
- ¾ cup raw cashews soaked overnight in warm water
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
Red Velvet Baked Doughnut:
- Heat oven to 350°F/175c
- Lightly spray doughnut pan with cooking spray
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg with whisk.
- Add the beets to a blender and blend
- In a separate bowl beat chia egg, oil, milk, maple syrup, blended beets and with whisk.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients; fold until just combined.
- Transfer mixture to the doughnut pan filling about half full.
- Bake on centre oven rack 10 to 12 minutes or until doughnuts are golden around edges and spring back when touched.
- Remove from oven, repeat with remaining batter
Cashew Cream Frosting:
- Add all ingredients to food processor and pulse until completely creamy
- Layer on top of the red velvet
I really hope you enjoy this healthy red velvet baked doughnut recipe.
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated ❤
Love Hayley X