Super food Coconut Vegan Biscuits. Containing Lacuma and Maca for a nourishing snack or breakfast.
I just love coconut in everything. Coconut is one of my all time favourite flavours! It reminds me of summer 🙂 In this recipe coconut is combined with oats and it gives it the most amazing texture. Somewhere between a macaroon and an oat cookie. Perfectly soft, chewy and delicious.
There’s no gluten, wheat, dairy or refined sugar, but they still taste as good as more indulgent recipes. I also added a touch of maca and lacuma which I have been obsessed with recently to give them even more of a nutritional boost, but this is optional.
Lucuma– High levels of beta carotene which promotes cell repair and growth for beautiful skin. Gives food a fruity sweet taste. Rich in antioxidants to prevent disease and slow the ageing process. Contains lots of calcium, zinc, iron, vitamin C, niacin (B3), and fibre. It also contains 14 essential trace minerals.
Maca– rich in vitamins, B, C, and E. It also provides calcium, zinc, iron, magnesium, phosphorous and amino acids. Maca is also amazing for balancing hormones and preventing acne
Coconut Vegan Biscuits Recipe
Super food Coconut Vegan biscuits with lacuma and maca
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 ripe bananas (sliced and peeled)
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Add the oats and coconut to a food processor and blitz until they have a crumb like consistency
- Add the banana and maca and lacuma if using and blitz until combined and a paste has formed
- Prepare your baking tray and using tablespoons create the cookie shapes
- Bake for 20 minutes and leave to cool completely before enjoying
I hope you enjoy these Coconut Vegan Biscuits!
Love Hayley X