Healthy Banana Oat Cookie recipe that only needs two ingredients! Just 60 calories per cookie. This is vegan, gluten free and only takes 15 minutes to make.
The next recipe in my vegan biscuit series are these two ingredient banana oat cookies. I wanted to created a basic ultra simple vegan biscuit recipe that can act as a base, then customised with whatever add ins you like. In this case I drizzled melted dark chocolate.
I also tried desiccated coconut, raisins, chia seeds, almonds, and raspberries. But the combinations are endless.
Even on their own the banana oat cookies taste amazing! They taste just like banana bread. I’m so in love with these.
Plus they only take 15 minutes to make and are healthy enough for breakfast. All you need to do is mix the two together, place on baking sheet, bake and your done.
These make great breakfast, snack, pre-work out snack, or a healthy dessert. Packed full of fibre and slow released carbs, these will provide you with lots of feel good energy. And they taste amazing.
Oats – contain lots of minerals such as manganese, selenium, phosphorus, fiber, magnesium, and zinc. They are also rich in carotenoids, Vitamin E, flavonoids and avenanthramides.
Bananas – contain high levels of potassium, magnesium and vitamins C and B6. They are also rich in antioxidants, which can provide protection from free radicals.
You may also like
- 2 large bananas mashed well
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- Any optional add ins such as chocolate chips or honey.
- Preheat oven to 180c
- In large bowl combined mashed banana with oats until smooth. Add any extra's now.
- Use a non stick baking tray and use a tablespoons to drop the drop and mold into a cookie shape.
- Bake for ten minutes and let to cool completely before enjoying.
- I made 16 cookies, they last in an airtight container for several days.